No matter how bright the future prospect for your business, the most exceptional candidates for senior management roles will assess whether it has the right stuff to magnify their performance and thereby bolster their career. Highly capable executives want a realistic challenge and they want to make a difference. Leaders generally like ‘the game’ and have something to prove to themselves and sometimes to the general public.
Consider these Talent Management Action Steps from Sanjiv Desai in the New Delhi office of executive search firm TRANSEARCH India. They are relevant no matter what the size of your enterprise or the challenge of reaching your objectives:
* Invest in workforce planning, employer branding, recruiting and retaining enough qualified and experienced employees at all levels to meet the needs of organic and inorganic growth, sometimes in a great hurry to be able to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
* With the changing age demographics, create a corporate value proposition that appeals to multiple generations.
* Internally develop a strong leadership pipeline to meet future growth requirements.
* Focus on training and development initiatives to round out the capabilities of new recruits who lack the depth and breadth necessary for global roles.
* Capture, manage and transfer crucial business knowledge and relationships.
* Control workforce attrition rates that have become almost a norm and endemic across all industries.
* Design new and cutting edge talent management practices to attract and retain the current younger generation which thinks in a completely new fashion.
* Create an environment that allows senior talent in their second careers to contribute effectively.
* Change the cultural and attitudinal mindset of old fashioned executives who do not understand or do not want to understand the new realities and challenges.
* Integrate different cultures into a rapidly globalizing workforce.
* Manage poor performance and low levels of employee engagement.
There are a variety of challenges that might spark the curiosity of a high performing executive about to get his call. Things that would excite an executive to take on a new leadership role include the opportunity to develop new products and services, improving the customer experience, expanding the business through organic growth or acquisition, entry into new geographic markets or the need to shift culture, perhaps from one of entitlement to that of one continually focused on high performance.
Hiring companies that understand the recruitment of senior business leaders is a two-way street will be in the best position to compete in an increasingly global war for executive management talent that is now beginning to unfold.
Executive search firm TRANSEARCH International (http://www.transearch.com/) has representation in most of the major economic centres of the world. TRANSEARCH International executive search firm has 54 offices in 34 countries and is currently rated as the 10th largest global executive search firm by Executive Recruiter News (ERN). For more information contact the TRANSEARCH Central Office: contact at transearch dot com. TRANSEARCH executive search firm website: www.transearch.com