1. Be humble. Many times people achieve the power, and they let it go to their heads. As a leader, your job is to do just that, lead. You can’t do that if you think you are above everyone else.
2. Set goals. This is important in becoming a leader. Many people have set goals and somewhere along the way, they lose sight of them. This is usually a result of setting goals that are unreachable. Try to set goals that are obtainable so things don’t end in disappointment.
3. Strive for excellence. To become a great leader, you can’t just settle for the life you have, you need to always strive to excel in whatever you do.
4. Maintain your stature. A leader needs a reputation that stands out. When someone hears their name, it is associated with what a great job they have done, or how they manage things.
5. Learn from mistakes. They learn from faults and turn them into something productive. This has to happen or else you will be sitting there spinning tires.
6. Be open-minded. People around you may have something to contribute and with an open mind you will have endless possibilities.
7. Self confidence. You can’t expect anyone to believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself. Self confidence doesn’t make you better than anyone, it just shows you have class and character.
8. Give. Be willing to give. If you do this, more people will be willing to do things without complaint.
9. Keep your word. If you say you are going to do something, make sure you follow through.
10. Listen. You have to be willing to listen and understand how others around you feel. You may be the leader, but their feelings are just as important as yours.
Robin Trehan is associated with Credit Capital Funding. More information on LatestBusinessReport.com